Gluten-Free, Vegan, Serves 6
- 12 oz gluten-free rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms (shiitake, cremini, or any variety you like)
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 3 tablespoons coconut amino
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce (adjust to your desired spice level)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons water (or more as needed)
- Sesame seeds and sliced green onions for garnish
Cook the gluten-free rice noodles according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside. In a large skillet or wok, heat the sesame oil over medium heat. Add the sliced mushrooms and sauté for 3-4 minutes until they start to soften. Add the red bell pepper, green onions, and minced garlic to the skillet. Cook for another 2-3 minutes until the vegetables are tender-crisp. In a small bowl, whisk together the tahini, soy sauce, maple syrup or agave nectar, sriracha sauce, lime juice, and water until smooth and creamy. Adjust the consistency with more water if needed to make a pourable sauce.
Pour the tahini sauce over the vegetables in the skillet and mix well to coat everything. Add the cooked rice noodles to the skillet and toss until the noodles are evenly coated with the spicy tahini sauce. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together. Remove from heat and divide the Spicy Tahini Noodles with Mushrooms among 6 serving plates. Garnish with sesame seeds and sliced green onions. Serve immediately and enjoy the delicious and nutritious noodle dish!