Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Serves 4
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into small cubes
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup gluten-free, dairy-free BBQ sauce
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Place the chicken in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook until browned, about 5-7 minutes. Stir in the BBQ sauce and cook for another 2-3 minutes, until the chicken is fully coated. In a large bowl, combine the cooked brown rice, chopped pineapple, red onion, and red bell pepper. Mix well.
Divide the rice mixture into four bowls. Top each bowl with the BBQ chicken and sprinkle with cilantro. Serve the Pineapple BBQ Chicken Bowls immediately, garnished with extra cilantro, if desired.