Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Serves 8
- 8 gluten-free tortillas
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup enchilada sauce
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, minced
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup dairy-free cheddar-style shreds
- Fresh cilantro, chopped, for garnish
Preheat the oven to 375°F. In a large bowl, mix together the shredded chicken, black beans, corn kernels, minced chipotle pepper, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. Spread a few spoonfuls of enchilada sauce on the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish. Warm the tortillas in the microwave or oven until pliable.
Spoon the chicken mixture into each tortilla and roll it up tightly. Place the enchiladas seam side down in the baking dish. Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the top of the enchiladas, spreading it out evenly. Sprinkle the dairy-free cheddar-style shreds over the top of the enchiladas. Bake the enchiladas for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Garnish the enchiladas with fresh cilantro before serving.