Gluten-Free, Vegan, Serves 6
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar (or any sweetener of choice)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups unsweetened almond milk (or any non-dairy milk)
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil (or any vegetable oil)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
Preheat your waffle iron according to the manufacturer’s instructions. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the gluten-free all-purpose flour, cornmeal, coconut sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a separate bowl, mix the almond milk, melted coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. The batter may be slightly lumpy but avoid over-mixing. Gently fold the blueberries into the batter.
Lightly grease the preheated waffle iron with oil or cooking spray. Pour the batter onto the waffle iron (the amount will depend on the size of your waffle iron) and cook according to the waffle iron’s instructions until the waffles are golden and crisp. Repeat with the remaining batter to make the rest of the waffles. Serve the Blueberry Cornmeal Waffles warm with your favorite toppings, such as fresh berries, maple syrup, nut butter, or vegan whipped cream.