Gluten-Free, Vegan, Serves 4
For the eggnog mixture:
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup full-fat canned coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
For the French toast sticks:
- 8 slices gluten-free bread
- Coconut oil or cooking spray, for cooking
- Ground cinnamon, for sprinkling
- Optional toppings: powdered sugar, fresh berries, maple syrup
In a mixing bowl, whisk together the unsweetened almond milk, full-fat coconut milk, pure maple syrup or agave nectar, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt. This will be your eggnog mixture. Preheat a non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat. Lightly grease it with coconut oil or cooking spray. Take each slice of gluten-free bread and cut it into sticks, about 1 inch wide. Dip the bread sticks into the eggnog mixture, making sure they’re fully coated, but not soaking. Allow any excess mixture to drip off.
Place the coated bread sticks onto the preheated skillet or griddle. Cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side, or until they’re golden brown and crispy. Remove the French toast sticks from the skillet and sprinkle them with a little extra ground cinnamon while they’re still warm. Serve the Eggnog French Toast Sticks with optional toppings like powdered sugar, fresh berries, and a drizzle of maple syrup. Enjoy this festive and delicious breakfast treat that captures the flavors of eggnog in a vegan, gluten-free twist!